Saturday, May 30, 2009

We love Saturdays!

I would have to say that our favorite day of the week is Saturday. We get to spend the entire day together with no obligations of places that we have to be or things that we have to do (well, usually). This morning we decided to plant the plants that we bought last night. I was already sore from my workout yesterday, and now, after about five hours of digging in the dirt, I can barely move!

My job was to actually plant the plants, and Chris' job was to try to find a way to keep the dirt in the flowerbed and out of the driveway. Whenever it rains, the dirt always gets washed away, and it is really frustrating! I think he came up with a good solution though...you'll have to take a look and see what you think! I planted about 25 plants, and about 3000 seeds. I know all the seeds won't grow, but it is so much cheaper than buying the already developed plants and flowers!

The "before" picture.

Kara planting in the flowerbed.

Jayden was really good most of the time! He had fun riding his "motorbike" and playing with the bubbles. He also had a great time playing in the dirt! When we were almost done planting, we decided to fill up his little swimming pool. While the water warmed up a little, we had a picnic in the garage. (Weird, I know, but we had to let the sunscreen soak in on Jayden, and it was a shaded area!)

Jayden riding his "motorbike."

He's finally learned to pedal!

Jayden loves the new plants!

Jayden playing in the dirt.

Jayden and Mommy filling up the swimming pool.

Our picnic in the garage.

After our picnic, Chris and I finished working in the flowerbed, and Jayden had so much fun in the pool! He loved to splash around and then get the hose and refill the pool!

Jayden loved the swimming pool!


A video of Jayden in the pool!

Jayden helping water the new plants.

The new flowerbed around the tree!

I love our new plants!

The "after" picture! Also...Chris' solution for keeping the dirt in place! A pretty rock border!

Once we got all cleaned up, we took a trip to WalMart to get items for our vacation this week. We stocked up on snacks, travel-sized necessities, and a few new activites for the drive to keep Jayden busy.

When we got home, Jayden and I decided to make Rice Krispy Treats. I have to tell you, I have never made these before, but I figured it would be easy since millions of people make these (including very young children)! Well, we had a great time making them, but they turned out disgusting! I feel like such a failure! I can make really complicated desserts and they turn out perfect, but when it comes to Rice Krispy Treats, they don't turn out at all! I will definitely have to try this again soon!

Jayden and Mommy getting our hands messy!

He loved the marshmellow!

Busy little bees!

What a good helper!

Jayden sneaking a bite!

Jayden loves to help Mommy in the kitchen!

Stirring....

Check out that Rice Krispy beard!

Time to stir again...

Concentrating on his job!

Well...that pretty much concludes our Saturday. Jayden is now in bed, and Chris and I are watching the Discovery Health Channel (pretty much a Saturday night ritual for us). I hope you all had a great Saturday!

No comments: