Sunday, July 18, 2010

I have a confession to make.

I want to be Martha Stewart. Maybe I should amend that statement. I am very glad that I have never been to jail, and I definitely want to be known as a nicer person than she, but I long for her talent and skill. I read her magazine faithfully (folding down page corners of every idea that I love), look at her website, watch her show when I get the opportunity to do so, and google anything Martha Stewart related.

I so desperately wish that I could make a queen-sized quilt, four textured pillows, eleven fresh flower arrangements (with flowers from my own yard, of course), six homemade lemon lavender scented candles, a cute backpack or three for Jayden, a cherry cobbler (completely from scratch), and plan an outdoor party for 300 in one afternoon. How accomplished I would feel!


And I have definite Martha Stewart Craft Room envy. I think this picture explains it all...


Oh the things I could do in that room! A girl can dream can't she?

Well...I know that I will never be Martha Stewart, but maybe, if I keep on trying to create new things, cook delicious food, and plan parties, I will at least be Martha Stewart-esque!



No comments: