Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that 2010 has come and gone. It was quite a year. Possibly, the most difficult year that Chris and I have had since we've been married. Not because of our marriage...it is wonderful...but because for the first time ever, Chris and I had to live apart for most of the summer, as he worked as a roughneck on a drilling rig in Arkansas so that he wouldn't have to work his senior year of college. While this was so difficult, we have had a lot of great times this year as well. Here are some pictures from the second half of the year (where I totally slacked off on my blogging).
A picture of the drilling rig that Chris worked on.

Jayden enjoyed sparklers on the 4th of July in Arkansas.

We took Jayden to his first movie at the movie theater. We went to Toy Story 3, and Chris and I both cried. Jayden loved it!

Chris and I had season tickets for the first time to the University of Oklahoma football games. We had a great time!

A gorgeous sunset at one of the games.

We went to the State Fair of Oklahoma with my parents. We love the pig races! My dad bought a pig nose for Jayden. :)

We attended the homecoming of Oklahoma Christian University where I graduated from college in 2004. I wanted to show Jayden where I went to school since I don't know when we will be able to be back for a homecoming again anytime soon.

My mom and I did our annual Black Friday shopping trip. This picture was taken at about 4:30 in the morning!
It has been quite an eventful year. A little bad, but a lot of good. We have made memories that we will never forget, and have truly cherished time spent with our families. 2011 will bring some of the biggest changes in our lives yet. We are putting our house on the market this month to hopefully sell. Chris will be graduating! I will be quitting my job. (I have worked since I was 16, so this will be a huge change to be a stay at home mom!) We are going to be going to Disney World! Jayden will be flying for the first time. Chris will be starting a career and National Instruments. We will be moving to Austin, Texas. We will be getting a puppy after we move. Eventually, we will begin to try to add to our family. What a busy and exciting year that we have in store. We are extremely excited, a little nervous, a little scared, and kind of sad. We know that this is what we are supposed to be doing with our lives though, and know that God has a plan for us! Here are a few pictures from the trip that Chris and I went on to Austin for his interview in October.
A beautiful shopping area called The Domain.

The Domain.

Chris and I in Austin.
Happy New Year everyone! We hope that you and your families are blessed in 2011.




No comments: