Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Future Engineer

For those of you that don't know, Chris is in school at OU to become a mechanical engineer, and he has three semesters left before he graduates. Now I am thrilled about this....truly, I am. We will be much more financially secure, and there is the possibility of me being able to be a stay at home mom, and it is something that he really loves. Let me tell you what I am not thrilled about...conversations that I cannot even begin to understand, nor do I care to understand them.

The other night, I was cooking dinner, and the hamburger meat was still partially frozen. I kept trying to break it up in the skillet with a spoon. Well, after about three minutes of this, the spoon broke. And let me tell you...Chris was so excited. He had to grab my camera and take pictures of the spoon and then immediately posted them to Facebook. I kid you not, this was his post regarding the spoon incident:

"I had to upload this picture and the next one for all of my engineering friends!!! Kara was cooking with this wooden spoon when it snapped right in half! What a perfect example of a ductile material failure along the 45 degree axis of maximum shear strain!!! Awesome!!!"





Wow. Need I say more?



No comments: