Friday, January 29, 2010

Updating our House: Before and Afters

As most of you know, we live in a house that is about 40 years old. We absolutely love it, but there are some areas of the house that have needed updated. Slowly but surely, we are finding time and money to make these updates, so that we can really enjoy our little home, and hopefully make some money off of it when it is time to move. In January, we have updated the half-bath, and replaced the kitchen and laundry room floor!
Here is a picture of our half-bath. It was totally functional, just not very pretty or modern. I wish I would have taken a picture of the light and mirror too, because they were horribly outdated, but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

Chris was able to remove the old, ugly sink!

At this point, I was thinking to myself, "Man, I hope he knows what he's doing!"

And he did! Here is our new vanity in the bathroom! We love how it added storage to the room! (In an 1130 square foot house, you need all the storage you can get!)

Another view of the new vanity and mirror.

The new vanity, mirror, and light fixture!

I love this new light fixture! I think it definitely updates the room without being too modern for the age of the house.

Here is our HIDEOUS linoleum kitchen floor! I HATE it! No matter how many times you clean it, it still looks dirty. Ugh.

More ugly floor in the laundry room. This floor made me cranky every time we walked into our house-and we have lived here for 1 1/2 years! I think Chris finally agreed to get this project done for his own sanity!

The ugly floor was gone, but we lived with no floor for a week. There was a bar that went from the wall to that place on the floor where it looks like four polka dots. We took this out, and are going to get an island instead.

So ugly.

Chris and John working on the new floor!

Our dads were such a huge help! We couldn't have done it without them.

Chris finishing the floor.

A very pleased Chris.

It's beautiful, isn't it!?!

Here is the final product! We hadn't moved our refrigerator back yet, but you get the idea of what it looks like now.



No comments: